Do you set reading goals? I usually set a reading goal through Goodreads with the amount of books/bookish items that I want to read for the year. I say books/bookish items because I want to log everything that I’ve read, whether it’s just a deleted or extra scene, short story, novella, or book. If it’s on Goodreads, & I’ve read it, then it gets marked as such. My memory is horrible, & this helps me keep track!
Anyway, this year I decided to make other reading goals besides a specific reading amount, & I thought I’d share with you all! (and maybe you’ll share your goals as well — *wink*)
So, here are my 2015 Reading Goals:
- Read 150 books/bookish items – I lowered my amount because although I did make my goal last year, I really struggled towards the end. The end of the year was too busy for books!
- Give audiobooks a try – I had a post about this one a few weeks ago. I want to do something different & give audiobooks a try. I’ve already listened to 1 & so far so good!
- Read all the unread books on my physical (actual) bookshelf – I have several books on my actual shelf just sitting there waiting to be read. I don’t know if it’s procrastination, laziness, or the fact that I can be a moody reader, but I have several that have been there awhile. Some I bought as soon as they came out (City of Heavenly Fire), and others I bought from my local used bookstore or won in giveaways. I just haven’t gotten around to them, but that’s my goal! More specifically, I’m not buying any more books (AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!) until I get more of my unread ones read.
- Read all the unread books on my Kindle shelf – Pretty much the same as above, except most of these on my Kindle are freebies. One-click is my friend & my enemy! I probably don’t have as much as others, but what I do have unread on my Kindle bothers me. So, I’m trying not to buy or one-click on freebies until I get more of them read! It’s REALLY hard!!!
- Read some classics – I want to read a few classics this year. I always think that, but I never get around to it because there’s always new books or series distractions. This year, though, I want to make it a point to read (or re-read) at least one.
- Finish up some series – I have several on my TBR list that the last few and/or final books are finally out, so I need to finish them up! Some series I haven’t finished because by the time the next or last book comes out, I’ve forgotten about it or in the middle of another great series. Some (City of Heavenly Fire), I’m just procrastinating because I don’t want the series to end & I think some bad things are going to happen in the book (& it will be upsetting!). If I don’t read it, then it’s not over! LOL!
- Reduce my to-be-read list – This is really a joke because every time, I read a book, I add about 10 more to my list. Or every time I visit a blog, I end up adding more and more books! I currently have about 496 books on my TBR list! I think that is equally ridiculous & ambitious! LOL! It is time for me to review my list because my preferences change from time to time. How many books are on your TBR list? Make me feel better & give me a number higher than mine!
Those are my reading goals this year & now that I’ve posted it on the interweb for all the world to see, I HAVE to stick to it!
So, what about you – do you have any reading goals this year?